Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April Fool's Day

I wish I could tell you an April Fool's Day joke, but none come to mind ... an amazing lapse, for someone who spent many years in elementary classrooms treading lightly, wary of tricksters...


I've spent the past six days making fabric masks ... and enjoying the range of fabrics I have in the shop to choose from each day.  More for the police and fire first responders, more for the cashiers at the local grocery, more for family, for friends of family, for grandchildren and for others...

I've gone through several donated packs of elastic, and more is ahead. What I'd ordered, from both Amazon and from my wholesale distributor, won't arrive here until late May - early June. I found some twist-ties at the grocery store (in the pet food aisle, curiously.) There were ten packs, so I bought four of them ... 200 feet in all; not hoarding, for they will be used up by the end of the month, I'm certain. 


NOW IN STOCK!

Speaking of the wholesale distributor, I called to ask whether they were closed down, or still able to deliver product ... they had put all open orders on hold, as most quilt shops are closed for the duration of the state by state orders... I told her my shop is right here in my driveway, so she removed the 'HOLD' order on my fabrics. Maybe in a few days, the beautiful bolt of floral panels will arrive.  They have a wide variety of colors, but this is the one I feel in love with... one bolt, 15 yards ... each panel is 43" and the manufacturer's suggested retail price is $16.50 ... but fortunately, QQ will discount the price. I'm looking forward to using this panel and perhaps bordering it with some soft colors, and then quilting it on the midarm I bought last fall...I'm looking forward to warmer weather so that I can work in the back of the shop, where there is no heat in Rick's absence (he has a wonderful woodstove out there, but I haven't cleared a path to it yet... one day, I will get to it.
I'll add some photos to this page, and though I wish you could come in and feel the softness of these fabrics ... but you know they are from 'good stock.'  They are all from my webstore page, and can be purchased via Paypal, and I will mail them to you. My postage calculations are most often wrong, and I don't learn that until I go to the post office, but I promise you that when it is wrong in MY favor, I immediately refund the difference to you, via Paypal, which makes that very easy.  And if it is wrong in YOUR favor ... well, c'est la vie! Just click the link and it will take you to my webstore page ... beautiful Easter bunny panel ... and a few different packs of 5" charm squares... check them out! 


Click this link to purchase: 
  https://www.terrycrawfordpalardy.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7754459

Click this link to purchase:
https://www.terrycrawfordpalardy.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7142972
Be well, stay home, wash your hands, and share this page...

Please and Thank You ~ Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment