Monday, June 19, 2017

Row by Row begins Wednesday, June 21st!

In thirty-six hours, Row by Row™ 2017 will begin, and Quilters' Quarters is getting ready ... kicking into high gear now, to get kits together, free patterns printed, fabric license plates ready and ... oh, we're also offering free patterns for Row by Row JUNIOR this year ... and, wait, there's something else ... a NINTH ROW! Yes, Row by Row is offering a chance for you to help a charity of the shop's choice by making a ninth row for your quilt! (Hmmm ... I wonder what I'm supposed to have ready for that?  I've only 36 more hours to figure it out ... but I will, I promise.

But here is what we have in store for you later this week: 
First, our 2017 Massachusetts HAPPY QUILTER fabric license plate, in retro blue (well, it's more lilac than blue, but go with me here. ) If you can tell me the last year Massachusetts used bluish-purplish plates, you'll win a prize! 


Next, of course, is our row for 2017: designed by contest winner Kim Schweisberg, I'm calling it HEROES ON THE GO! Kim did some research on the blog, found out about Rick's and my dedication to public safety, our connection with the  Erie 4 Fire Association (which just happens to be THE OLDEST STILL OPERATING PRIVATELY FUNDED FIRE SERVICE IN THE U.S.A!) And Kim dug a little further, finding my books on education and medical conditions ... and ... voila!  Police, Fire, Ambulance and a School Bus grace our row this year. Well done, Kim!


I misunderstood the intent of the Junior Row by Row event ... and I began creating our own Quilters' Quarters junior row and titled it JUNIOR HEROES ON THE GO!  Unfortunately, I later learned that I missed the part of the directions that said all shops must use one of the five authentic Row by Row™ - designed junior rows ... or the rows won't count toward a blue ribbon for the first five young quilters who bring their finished rows in to my shop ... And so I put my junior row idea to rest, for now. Maybe in the future I'll bring it back out. 



Meanwhile, I'll get those free patterns printed up so I'll be ready to hand them out to Row by Row visitors beginning in thirty-six hours! Phew! Clock is ticking and I STILL have to find out the details for the NINTH ROW opportunity. I did make the shop's donation ... did I receive the free pattern template? Time will tell...


Oh, and yes, all shop fabric is reduced at 50% IF it is being used for a charity project! That's the wholesale price that I've paid ... no profit for the shop, other than the happy feelings of helping quilters help others. So many of you do so much and I'm honored to be able to help you out!

When you visit, be sure to ask about Quilters' Quarters' spectacular deal on Oliso Smart Irons! Pink, Blue, Yellow, and Black are currently in stock! And I guarantee I'm lower in price than you'll find in other quilt shops or online!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Be well, be happy, and quilt on!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the great story about how Kim decided on creating this GREAT row!
    I certainly look forward to getting there and seeing you again!
    Thank you,
    Joanne C

    ReplyDelete